Our Certified ScrumMaster® (CSM) course and Agile Release Planning Workshop approach is unique. Unlike others, we offer a two-day interactive CSM course plus a one-day Agile Release Planning Workshop.
The CSM course gives you an applied understanding of the Scrum process and will help you develop the tools, attitudes and skills required to apply Scrum on your projects and across your organization. The ARP Workshop allows you to take real work and do Agile Release Planning with it. It is highly recommended by attendees.
The course covers the basics of Scrum and several advanced topics, so that you will have the knowledge, the interest and the motivation to use these ideas more effectively. You will have enough knowledge and skill to get started with Scrum and be more successful.
Upon completion of the course and the workshop, you will receive 22 SEUs (Scrum Educational Units) toward the requirements of the CSP (Certified Scrum Professional) and 22 PDUs toward PMI requirements. (Or 15 SEUs and 15 PDUs if you only take the CSM course.)
In addition to the course/workshop, you receive:
- Recognition by the Scrum Alliance as a Certified ScrumMaster
- A two-year membership in Scrum Alliance
- A printed copy of the course materials (and a softcopy)
- Fibonacci estimating cards, for use in estimating with your team
- Other Scrum-related materials
- SEUs and PDUs as described above
- A copy of our e-book on Agile Release Planning
Note: To become an official CSM, you must satisfactorily complete the course and the CSM Test. The CSM Test is later, online, and takes about one hour.
REGISTER NOW ON OUR LATE BLACK FRIDAY PROMOTION
Certified ScrumMaster – Montreal – Dec 5 to 7
Courtyard Montreal Downtown
360 Rene-Levesque Boulevard West
Montreal – QC
10% OFF ON OUR EARLY BIRD PRICE
Food and beverage at the course (typically, a continental breakfast, AM break, lunch and a PM break).
WE WILL PAY the cost of the CSM Test
Certified ScrumMaster Course + Workshop3 days course
Certified ScrumMaster Course2 days course
Samples of What You Will Learn:
- Practical, project-proven practices
- The essentials of getting a project off on the right foot
- How to write user stories for the Product Backlog
- How to help both new and experienced teams be more successful
- The basics of scaling Scrum, perhaps to large, multi-continent project team
- Tips and tricks from the instructor’s ten years of using Scrum in a wide variety of environments
The Agile Release Planning Workshop:
- Unlike others, we always combine a one-day Agile Release Planning Workshop with the course.
- The workshop takes the real work of the identified Product Owner at each table, and we do the Agile Release Planning for that work (project).
- It is an excellent way to take the ideas of the course and make them practical. It builds the initial Product Backlog. It gets you and your team ready to start on Monday.
- You may take the CSM course only, but be aware that attendees strongly recommend the ARP Workshop.
- You may also take the Agile Release Planning Workshop by itself. For example, you may wish to take just the ARP Workshop with your whole team later.
- Joe Little, an experienced Agile coach and Scrum Trainer (CST), will lead this Scrum course.
- Joe has co-trained eight times with Jeff Sutherland (one of the co-creators of Scrum), and we believe you get more ‘real Scrum’ because of this experience.
- Joe has an MBA and 20+ years of senior level Big 6 and related consulting experience.
- Joe has in-depth practical experience in helping teams become very productive with Scrum and Agile.
- He often co-teaches these courses with other great Scrum trainers. Take a look at Joe’s blog, Agile & Business.
- Joe is a Certified Scrum Trainer (CST) associated with Scrum Alliance.
- Read the Scrum Guide by Sutherland and Schwaber. (About 17 pages)
- Read one of Ken Schwaber’s or Jeff Sutherland’s books. We recommend for beginners: “Agile Project Management with Scrum” by Ken Schwaber or “Scrum” by Jeff Sutherland. They are available in Kindle versions, if that interests you. Some libraries have them.
Policy for changes and refunds:
- If for any reason you cannot make a cours, you may send another person in your place for free (no additional fee). You must identify that person before the cours starts